Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Speak up, sonny

Proof that I, now at the ripe age of 23, am so old that I'm practically an antique:

1. On Tuesday, Jessica made me stay up until 12:01 in order to open her present. I'm not going to lie; it was a struggle.

2. One of my birthday presents to myself was a cardigan. And it makes me happier than it should.

3. A gift I received was the game Rummikub. The only other person Priscilla has known to own it is her grandma.

4. I've been hobbling around like an old woman for the past two days.

5. My car randomly reeks of old man.

6. Some of my favorite radio stations are the ones that play the "best of the 80's, 90's, and now." With less emphasis on the "now."

7. When I see teenagers, I wrinkle my nose think, "Kids these days and their newfangled fashion. What a bunch of hooligans."

8. And, of course, there's the ol' knees. May they last another 22 years.

2 comments:

Naazju said...

You should mention something about how you went on a motorcycle ride. That *definitely* takes your age down a couple of decades!

craftyashley said...

Thank you for making me laugh! I saw some HSM chick wearing stirrup pants and thought "Oh no, trust me. We've been through that- and it didn't end well."