Sunday, October 17, 2010

"We hide our flaws until after the wedding!"

I took some medicine with caffeine three hours ago. Bad idea. Bad, bad idea.

So. I'm a married woman now. What I have been up to in the last two months of matrimony, you wonder? Oh, a little of this and a little of that:

The other morning I was peacefully taking a shower, when suddenly a cold, clammy hand grabbed my arm. I may or may not have screamed like a woman possessed. The Husband claims I did that to him before. Hmm...sounds vaguely familiar...

***

::Dustin is taking a shower, as Heather brushes her teeth. Suddenly, Heather emits a scream of death::
Heather: EEEEEEEEE!!!!!
Dustin in turn screams, and rapidly jumps out of the shower.
Heather points at the bug on the floor.
::Dustin shakes his head, disposes of the bug, and gets back in the shower::

***

Heather is cuddled up with a blanket on the love sac, reading.
Heather: Hey Dustin...do you want to come sit with me for a bit?
Dustin (suspiciously): Why?
Heather: ...I want to leech off your heat. Er...and I want your company!

***

We try to be good to each other. I resisted the urge to wake him up in the middle of the night to search our house after I had a nightmare that a creeper broke in - but he searched the house for me when he woke up in the morning. You know, just in case.

And there's the sweet and mushy part, too. Like how on a day that I wasn't feeling so swell, Dustin tucked me into bed with a cup of hot cocoa. Or how he will let me put my iceberg feet on his legs at night so I don't perish from the cold. And falling asleep cuddling. Until we wake up burning hot and uncomfortable.

I think I'll keep him.

2 comments:

Amanda said...

I had no idea you were getting married! (I guess that's what I get for not having facebook.) Congrats!
And I missed your clever wit. You need to post more often!

Jessica said...

:) Not gonna lie, this makes me happy. Also, it totally reminds me of myself.