Tuesday, September 11, 2012

"Oh snap we got a chunky one!"

So...has it really been almost a year?  Let's see.  I'm still living the glamorous life of a tax accountant.  We have now killed TWO plants, and are on to Javier #3.  We moved to a condo on the top floor, so I am now longer battling spiders on a daily basis (by which I clearly mean making my husband battle spiders for me).   I am heavy with child.  You know - the usual.

Oh, yes.  About that.  Baby Clouse is due on December 2.

I am now 28 weeks along, and I had my latest checkup yesterday.  My doctor told me that I am measuring two weeks ahead.

My thought?  "Victory!  I am having this baby early!"

My doctor burst my bubble though.  "Heather, not all babies are only seven pounds when they are born..."

So I will either be having this baby around Thanksgiving (please please please!) or I will be birthing a small giant.  I'm trying not to think about it - but I can't keep myself from referring to my baby girl as The Tank.

9 comments:

Jennifer said...

I hope you know that I will now forevermore also refer to your baby as The Tank. Even when she has a proper name. (On the other hand, that might not be the BEST way to gain "favorite aunt" status, so I may have to reconsider. Eventually.)

Christie C said...

HA HA HA HA.

Janssen said...

Last time I was measuring two weeks behind every time. Hello, eight days late baby.

Loralee said...

I refuse to allow my sweet little granddaughter be known as The Tank!
Even if she is 10 pounds at birth! (Let's hope she comes around Thanksgiving, also.)

Taralee said...

I was measuring 2 weeks ahead with Lincoln too! He ended up being just over 9lbs. I think babies look a little cuter when they come out more than 7 lbs because they're not all scrawny looking.

good luck!
p.s. this post was hilarious. I really miss your awesome stories.

Kim said...

Even though they do try their best to measure your child correctly on an ultrasound... they aren't totally accurate... They thought my good friend was having a tiny 6lbs baby and out came a whooping 9, almost 10 pounder! lol

On a different note your first baby tends to be your smallest.... you're really in for it Heather! Welcome to the world baby Tank!

Natalie said...

YAY!! So excited for you guys!

HeatherLovesClay said...

That's so exciting!!! I can't wait to see pictures of her when she comes!! Zane measures 2 weeks big the whole time and came out at 8.5 pounds at 38 weeks (induced). I figured that the second time around that my little girl would be a little dainty princess and not a giant like her brother has turned into. And out came a 9.5 pound, not-so-dainty little princess at 39 weeks. If I can do it, you totally can! She will be totally perfect!

Jennifer said...

Around Thanksgiving? Try ON Thanksgiving! :)